I’ve been on a finishing-up/using-what-I-have kind of high. Like I mentioned in my Gratitudes, I have resisted buying any new sewing supplies, since about January 2012. Granted, I hardly sewed last year but since at least March, I’ve been hitting road blocks in projects, realizing I needed something to continue on. Instead of running to the store, I have been making do with what I have and enjoying the creative solutions it forces me to think up, like shortening zippers and using glue sticks.
But now I am officially at an impassable road block. I’m using my very last universal machine needle and I don’t think I’m going to be able to find an alternate way around that one. Here are some of the things I’ve been finishing lately, only with supplies I have on hand.
The most exciting thing is that I finished is this weekender bag! I know some of you have been waiting years (!) for me to share this pattern. Back in 2011, I actually did a tutorial, taking photos and notes and right near the end, I realized I made a mistake in my measurements. It took me a few more tries to realize there were two measurements off. I think I pinpointed the errors and have it all running smoothly. So I’m going to make another bag, take photos of the process and make a pattern PDF. I’m hoping to have it up within the month.
These nine items are now in the shop.